Sunday, August 10, 2014

Our first poetry reading in India!

Sorry to leave you all hanging for so long! We are all safe and sound, but internet has been hard to find. I'll catch up with you guys soon! The following happened a little while ago:

Well, the day finally came, and we had our first poetry reading in India! I read my river poem, it was a wild success! Women swooned. Literary agents from all over India all rushed in and fought each other to buy the rights for it, but I told them no, no this poem is for the Kinship of Rivers project and I'm giving it to Wang Ping to do whatever she wants with it.

It's a pretty awesome poem, actually. I think it's the best I've ever written. I'm uploading it right here for all of you to read if you want:

The flags looked nice


This one has a fish on it.



Some of the poetry was such heavy stuff it needed scaffolding to hold it up.

The audience kept on snapping pics of us, so I started snapping some right back at them

What poets!

This guy here is Tenzin Tsundue, and he's a rockstar. He scales skyscrapers for the goal of a free Tibet. Super cool guy. He told me basically owned two shirts and two pairs of pants, spends most of his life in transit around the world, and makes a living selling his books for 50 rupees, which is less than a buck. He was our headliner


He gave me a copy of his book!


The whole gang

Makin flags












3 comments:

  1. That is an awesome poem, Ollie. Also, that thing about the scaffold was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone wants to make a flag after the poetry reading. We ran out of the fabric, so Chris Staudinger tore up his shirt so that everyone could make a flag.

    ReplyDelete